Summer has officially begun, and so far the weather has been absolutely gorgeous! Is there anything better than sitting outside drinking an iced tea, reading a book, basking in the sun? Summer not only warms my face, but it truly warms my soul. I feel so much more alive and happy when the days are long and bright. 🙂 If you saw this post, you will know this summer is my husband’s last summer of absolute freedom before starting medical school, so we really want to make the most of it! Also, summer screams adventure time to me. I JUST WANT TO BE OUTSIDE ALL THE TIME! 🙂
So if you are in need of some summer inspiration, keep reading and check out my summer bucket list!
1. Swim in the lake: I live near multiple lakes with amazing beaches, so swimming is a definite must-do in the summer. Although it’s been sunny, it hasn’t been consistently hot enough to heat up the lakes yet, but I’m hopeful that will change soon.
2. Hike to a new waterfall: It’s amazing how many places there are to explore in your own area. I am always hearing about trails I’ve never been on and waterfalls I haven’t seen. One of the highlights of living in British Columbia…always somewhere new to explore!
3. Read 2 books: I find it so difficult to make time for reading, even though I love it. I am in the mood for a good summer read, so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
4. Celebrate Canada Day!: It’s Canada’s 150th birthday this year! Time to bust out the red and white everything!
5. Make some fancy mocktails: I always see so many cool recipes for drinks on Pinterest, and I really want to test them out this summer. (Feel free to change this to cocktails if you so wish!)
6. Make homemade popsicles: I love the idea of making my own popsicles. Perfect treat for a hot summer day 🙂
7. Try out new restaurants in my own town: Living in a smaller city sometimes it feels like we don’t have as many choices for food, but the truth is I haven’t been to most of the restaurants here. There are so many new ones to experience! Plus, when visitors come and ask for suggestions, it helps to have been to more than just the chain restaurants.
8. Get ice cream and walk along the beach: There are few things more summery than enjoying ice cream on a board walk.
9. Buy a BBQ: Why does food taste so much better when it was cooked outside on a barbeque? Now that we have a patio, I really want to get a barbeque and start grilling.
10. Go to a drive-in movie: This has been on my summer bucket list for years, because there is a drive-in movie theatre an hour away from where I live, and I’ve never been there!
11. Go to Europe!: Neither my husband nor I have ever been to Europe, and we are in the midst of planning a 2.5 week vacation there as we speak! We are thinking of going to Italy and Portugal, but nothing is set in stone yet. If you have any suggestions or have written blog posts on either of these places, please let me know. I’ve never planned this big of a trip before, and we don’t have a lot of time because we leave in three weeks!
What are you looking forward to this summer?